Ethos and Values
At Jackfield our aim is to provide the best education for every child in our school. We have the highest expectations of both behaviour and attendance and our excellent teaching and well ordered purposeful, learning environment ensures pupils achieve well.
We take pride in our happy, welcoming and secure environment one in which our children develop confidence, good learning attitudes and high aspirations for personal achievement. Our school is full of children who are thoughtful, respectful and caring towards each other and others in school.
We work hard to nurture a child’s personal development, social and emotional skills and through careful planning imaginative and inspirational teaching, inspire our children to succeed.
The Values we use to guide and inspire our children are to:
Be Kind– empathy, unity, team work, kindness, friendship, helpful, caring, compassion, inclusive, sharing, thinking of others
Be Polite– respect, good listener, empathy, polite, helpful, considerate, thank you, please, excuse me
Be Sensible– persevere, following rules, good choices, helpful to others, supportive, independent thinkers, initiative, role model
Jackfield Mission Statement:
“At Jackfield we work towards the healthy and wholesome development of all children at all times.”
‘Right from the Start’
Jackfield Infant School provides an inclusive education for all pupils where the children feel a sense of belonging and pride in the place they learn.
- To provide an imaginative and vocabulary rich curriculum based on first hand experiences and enrichment opportunities, which ensures the acquirement of fundamental skills, knowledge, concepts and values.
- To create a safe, caring and stimulating environment in which children feel confident to investigate, enquire and take risks in a place where there are no limits to curiosity.
- To raise a happy, independent child who has a strong self-belief with the resilience and determination to overcome challenges and realise their high aspirations
- To develop a unique child who has the compassion and empathy to foster strong relationships and good friendships.
- To provide a highly skilled staff who are passionate in nurturing children through developing good relationships and promoting a love of learning in children’s intellectual curiosity.
- To ensure our staff are motivated to develop themselves and have the opportunities to enhance their teaching skills to ensure our inclusive curriculum is accessible to all.
- To promote a respect and understanding of diverse cultures within our families and the wider community, through effective communication and positive contributions.
- To develop considerate, good citizens within our community through working together with mutual respect.