At Jackfield Infant School, the children’s mental health and wellbeing is a high priority.
We use mindfulness colouring, yoga, gardening and many other activities to support the children’s mental health within school.
Advice to Children
Advice for Adults
Our children can be supported by our Emotional Literacy Support Assistant
Mrs. C. Stubbs is a registered Emotional Literacy Support Assistant (ELSA) who supports the wellbeing, social and emotional needs of our children.
What is an ELSA?
- ELSAs help children recognise understand and manage emotions.
- Plan and deliver individual and sometimes small group support programmes.
- Receive training and supervision from educational psychologists.
Essential qualities for ELSAs are:
- To have a good rapport with challenging and emotionally vulnerable youngsters.
- Have the ability to work independently and creatively.
- Be able to plan and evaluate bespoke sessions.
ELSAs are trained to support the children with:
- Recognising and manging feelings
- Anger management
- Self esteem
- Supporting children through Loss and bereavement
- Friendship skills
- Social skills
Mrs Stubbs is allocated a full day once a week to work with children in a lovely designated ELSA room. Each session is bespoke to each child, with clear session and programme outcomes.