Mrs. C. Stubbs is a registered Emotional Literacy Support Assistant (ELSA) who supports the wellbeing, social and emotional needs of our children.
What is an ELSA?
• ELSAs help children recognise understand and manage emotions.
• Plan and deliver individual and sometimes small group support programmes.
• Receive training and supervision from educational psychologists.
Essential qualities for ELSAs are:
• To have a good rapport with challenging and emotionally vulnerable youngsters.
• Have the ability to work independently and creatively.
• Be able to plan and evaluate bespoke sessions.
ELSAs are trained to support the children with:
• Recognising and manging feelings
• Anger management
• Self esteem
• Supporting children through Loss and bereavement
• Friendship skills
• Social skills
Mrs Stubbs is allocated a full day once a week to work with children in a lovely designated ELSA room. Each session is bespoke to each child, with clear session and programme outcomes.